Saturday, August 03, 2013

Beautiful day sailing on Big Lake


Bob and I have decided we need to catch a few
more days on the Lake before the summer is over.
Today was a gorgeous sunny day... just perfect.
We packed a picnic and headed out.
We had such a fun day together!


                                                  Here we are just motoring out


                                                              we took turns steering
                                               

we each put a line in and although at one
point we saw several large salmon jumping up out
of the water... no luck for us


ok.. that's a half hearted try... I know  
I was more interested in the sun breaking out


Bob dangling his feet in the water


Can you see our friend in the top of the tree there?
We could hear him churl-tiling 
and watching us :)


we love the loons making quick dashes in 
and out of the water so slyly


we saw several float planes land 


We stopped at the Islander for a lemonade


There she is .. I still have to pinch myself that Bob
actually made this boat from scratch... completely and
totally and it is a beauty!  I am proud of him.


I love sitting up front and watching the peaceful 
evening unfold... it was breathtaking.


Evening sky over the lake


ok this is Fireweed... the true way for Alaskans to tell when 
summer is over. This flower blooms from the bottom up and
when it reaches the top... summer of over and
Fall will begin.


I took a close up... it is a sad thing to see it almost 
reach to top...  Oh we don't want this glorious summer to end!