Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Front yard, decks, strawberries and forget me nots


Spring yard work... cleaning out my side flower beds



Kodiak is roasting in the sun  :)


 Our pretty forget-me-nots came up so awesome this year


ok, this is our front eye sore 'before' picture.  We've been gathering just the right rocks to use as pavers for awhile now... ok for a year or so  :) and our apple trees are growing up nicely.


side yard early on the first part of spring



And this is our side yard this morning with more growth.



I sure love this little sweet heart bush, and you can see how big the lilic bush is to the left.
I love this bird house.  I made it last winter over at my home teachers workshop... I think there are bees trying to live in there... I see them coming in and out.... the nerve.


My little planter box of pansies to sit on my front porch by our front door :)
 the popsicle sticks say a tisket a tasket a purple and yellow basket (I made that up myself)  and a sign that says grow!  :)  


This corner of the back yard was our holding spot for our strawberry starts ... they thrived there, maybe we should have left them alone... but we didn't



Phase 1 of a bizillion ... move heavy rocks, weed it, fertilize and de-chick weed it :) level it, block it out, line it with a boarder...


lay landscape fabric down, bring in new soil


                                                                  arrange path, level it


                                                                 plant bush


plant strawberries as hopeful ground cover 
dad begins the little picket gate and see the 
forget-me-nots planted by the front rocks
Look at that faithful dog... as I moved down.. so did he 


 some of those strawberry starts look like stalks of corn :/  ... I know....yikes


dad working on the little gate.



       resting a bit




stripping the back deck


doing some repair work also



staining the second coat on the  front deck




and.... he's wiped out... again


This is the back yard deck


And this is the front... look how those little pansies have grown 



And dad's boat sitting very lonely on the driveway


Look who visited us last Saturday morning... just checking out the new deck.





These precious little sweethearts came to visit me and brought me a treat.  Little Allyson was in my Primary class on the far left. They come and sit by me at church.  I love them so much!  They remind me of my grand children... such dolls.